Friday, August 27, 2010

Dance I Said!

Do a little dance for me today- it's definitely time for celebration! I graduate exactly 9 months from today! Sometimes I don't believe it- I only have 6 more months of rotations, and three whole months off. It's going to fly by, because the first 7 years of my post-high school education sure have!

Today is also a day of celebration because I get to go home. Tonight, I'll be in Nashville with my BFF Shari, relaxing and catching up over some tasty mexican food. Then midday tomorrow, I'll be home sweet home! I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find me on the couch watching Dexter Season 4 with Brandon and Phoebe, not willing to let either one of them out of my sight or out of my arms!

This month has been tough at times. Especially the third week, when I was severely homesick. I missed my husband and my Phoebekins like crazy! But a lot of good things have come out of this adventure. I got to spend an entire weekend with just my parents in Gatlinburg, a whole weekend with Kelly shopping for baby stuff and makeup, and a fabulous weekend in Asheville with my husband. Thank goodness for them driving across the entire state of TN or I don't think I would have made it.

Melaina and I had our not so good days at rotation, but the fun always started when our day at rotation stopped. We've climbed to the top of a mountain, enjoyed walking a mile to TCBY so we wouldn't feel guilty about eating the yummy yogurt, and spent lots of time "studying" while watching Sex and the City.

My favorite time was our scream-at-the-top-of-your-lungs and dance-like-there's-no-tomorrow sing-a-long to Glee Soundtrack parties!  In case you can't picture this type of shenanigan in your head, you can just watch Glee. I promise, we sound and look just like those guys! 

Ok, maybe not quite just like them, but we sure did have fun trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...