Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's Been A Crazy Couple of Months...

Lots of big things have been happening in my life...

First, I GRADUATED!! Finally! It's been a long, hard, and financially difficult road, but the hard work will soon pay off.

Graduation festivities with my pharmacy school besties


Next, I passed my boards! Yay me! I've never had much test anxiety, but boy, did I have test anxiety that day. Actually- that whole week. I've never experienced such a weight being lifted off my shoulders as I did after walking out of that test, feeling like I had passed that sucker with flying colors. And I did.

Soon after, I got an official license as a pharmacist! I've been working my for-real-adult, grown-up job for almost two weeks now, and.... it's different. I love the feeling of being "off work" when I'm not at work. As a student, you never really feel like you have time off. There is always something to be studied.

On the other side, it's very odd not having a huge goal to work towards. Sure, I'm working on saving for a house. I have a goal to run a half-marathon in a few weeks. But, I feel like I should be learning something with some of my time off.  So, I'm considering taking classes in spanish, or becoming a Certified Diabetes Educator. Maybe both. We'll see.

I got an IPAD!!!! Yippee! I've been glued to the thing every moment that I've been home since I got it. I haven't been so productive in real life, but in my internet-browsing life, I'm way ahead of the game.



Brandon and I are going to Chicago in less than two weeks to run my first half-marathon! So, I've been attempting to train for that...

Saving the best for last- I'm going to be an aunt! Anniston Ruth is due on October 18th, and Kelly and I have been spending a large amount of our days shopping for the essentials, planning baby showers, and making sure that she gets to sleep in the cutest nursery ever!

2 comments:

  1. I want to see pics of that nursery!! Please post pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely will! Have to get a few more accessories, and hang things on the wall, then we'll be done! BTW, I've been loving all your pregnancy posts! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...