Saturday, December 31, 2011

What I'll Be Up To in 2012


No better time to set a few goals for myself... these are things that I want to will do in 2012. 

1. Stick to Budget. We've been a little lax on the budget these last few months. Ok, really lax. It's been fun spending money after being broke for a long time and I've worked hard to be able to do that! However, we've got to get our eyes on the prize. The bigger prize, that is.... saving for a house. Hopefully it'll happen by at least summer 2013.

2. Travel. I do realize that this goal will set me back a bit with goal #1. However, our goals we must accomplish before we have kids are as follows:
      1a. Graduate from pharmacy school. -DONE
      2a. Own a home.- Working on it.
      3a. Travel. -In progress.
So you see, we must work on goals 2a and 3a at the same time, we just have to be smart about it.  This year, we are going to San Diego and Little Rock for races, and maybe one more small trip. We will see!

3. Get Super Organized. This is always one of my goals- get my house clean, drawers organized, basement cleaned out and labeled, computer and pictures backed up, pictures completely organized, etc. It's an ongoing process, something that is never "finished", you know?

3. Eat Healthier. More fruits, more veggies, more water. Less junk. I really need to try to prepare healthy food at home to take to work, instead of just grabbing crackers and snacks stuff!

4. Run Farther, More Often. I'd like to average at least 20 miles per week, giving a little room for a week or two off and those busy weeks, I'll make my goal 1000 miles this year. Whew! My progress for this will be available on my Daily Mile widget over here -------->>>>


Source: makeupalley.com via Katie on Pinterest


5. Run Faster. St. Jude, 2012 sub 2:30. Must do.

6. Complete project 365. That's right- a picture a day for 365 days. I'll update my progress here on the blog, but you can also follow from my Flickr account, or my Tumblr account.

The above goals are my "Must Do" goals. The following are "would like to do" goals. After I've worked on my "Must Do's", if I still have time left in the day I'll move on to my "Would Like to Do's"

8. Read More. (Or, uh, listen to audio books more.) And not just re-reading Harry Potter, Twilight, Pride and Prejudice, and the Millenium Trilogy. I need to branch out.


Source: Uploaded by user via Allie on Pinterest


(I'll just be honest with myself and go ahead and say this one probably won't happen. Lol!)

9. Plan more fun things with Brandon- trips, date nights, etc. We are people that enjoy just spending time at home, but getting out more often certainly would be fun!

10. Tone up with some pilates or yoga, maybe some light weight lifting.

So there they are... time to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...