Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

via totallycoolpix.com


























It was the JFK moment of my generation. I was 16 years old, just starting my sophomore year of high school, and taking my seat in Mrs. Parker's Chemistry class. I remember the exact seat I was sitting in, exactly where the TV was that showed us the horrific pictures and videos of what was happening in NYC.

via totallycoolpix.com


I watched those towers crumble on live TV. Teachers were crying, going in and out of the rooms to talk to other teachers and to try hide their hysteria from us. At the time, I thought I understood what was happening. Now, I realize that a 16 year old really couldn't grasp how much this would change our country; how many people left home that morning and never returned; how many people would never see their loved ones again.

via totallycoolpix.com

Today, 10 years later, it is a day to remember the ones that were lost and honor those who were brave enough to stand up for our country on that day and every day after. It's also a day to thank God for the loved ones we still have, the country that we live in, and the freedom we still enjoy.


via totallycoolpix.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...