Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kingsport Adventures

It's been a while since I updated, obviously. Kelly wrote the funniest post about our trip to Sevierville and our QVC pajama party, and it reminded me that I've been wanting to post a few things. Plus, it's raining outside so I can't work out, and I'm trying to procrastinate on my project.

For reasons I can't remember right now, Melaina and I picked an Ambulatory Care rotation for the month of August in Kingsport, TN. I learned a lot the first week, and we are having a lot of fun, but I'm very homesick. I can't wait to get home to Brandon and Phoebe!

Melaina and I really wanted to take advantage of our surroundings while we are here, so we ventured out to Bays Mountain Park and hiked over 4 miles to the top of the highest mountain in Kingsport to climb the fire tower for a beautiful view. And boy, was the view beautiful!

There were also several interesting sights on the way up...


This was our first time doing any real "hiking". I sang the chant from "Troop Beverly Hills" for a large portion of the time. So of course, we had to watch that movie as soon as we got back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...