Friday, April 27, 2012

Get Ready Memphis!

It's that time of year again- time to get registered and begin training or preparation for the St. Jude Marathon!

This race has become an annual event for us, not only because it's local and convenient, but also because we truly believe it is one of the best races to support and participate in. The half-marathon last year was one of the best experiences of my life- running through the St. Jude campus literally brought tears to my eyes, and the support from spectators throughout the course was amazing. Also, you get to finish in the stadium! Rounding that corner to enter the stadium was pretty intense. 







I want to challenge anyone reading this to sign up- even if you aren't a long distance runner, the 5k is a blast! Want to do more than the 5k, but don't think you can train for 13.1 miles? This Memphian was 7 months pregnant last December, but was determined to participate- so she walked the 13.1!

If you don't live in Memphis- you can come and see Graceland, Sun Studios, eat some BBQ (or BBQ Tofu, my favorite!), and hang out on Beale St. The weather is usually around 50* which is perfect for a marathon. 

I'll be running the half-marathon, and Brandon will be running the full- just like last year. I'm really hoping my sister will get to participate this year as well. Last year, she supported me by running 3 miles with me and giving me the gift of a Lush bath, and so I'm hoping if her time/schedule allows, I can return the favor and support her to the finish line of her first half! (In all honesty, she'll probably beat me to the finish line.)

  Registration opens on May 1st (that's next week!) , and I expect the race to sell out significantly faster this year (Last year it sold out in July).  So get your spot- I hope to see you there!

http://www.stjudemarathon.org/

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks for the shout out...not sure if I am doing the 1/2 this year....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...