Friday, June 8, 2012

Inspiration

The Newbie Chronicles in Runner's World Magazine is always one of my favorite articles. Probably because even though I've been running for 2 years now, I still feel like a newbie. 


This month's article is about getting out the door and running. 


Don't you want more time on this planet? I sure do! And I definitely want to do it feeling good. 

Running can do that for you. 

 
"The first person you have to inspire every day is yourself." 

Who am I to preach to my patients about eating healthy and exercising if I don't take care of myself? I have to get up, get my blood stream all loaded up on endorphins, and then I'm able to go and talk about how wonderful exercise is, and encourage them to take care of themselves. 


This is what I really struggle with- if I feel like I didn't have a "good run" it makes it harder to go again the next day. But it's true- "It doesn't matter how (fast) you do it, it only matters that you do it." 
And even if I didn't have a "good run" I have never, ever regretted running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...