Monday, June 11, 2012

This Situation Is Getting Serious

My training situation, that is. 


I've been running for 2 years now, and for the most part, my only goal has been to have fun and get some good exercise. For my half-marathons, my goal was just to finish. And I did finish. Yay me!


We are running the San Francisco Half-Marathon at the end of July, and since we'll be on vacation my goal, again, is just to finish and have fun. Problem is, since my goal is so relaxed, my running has been relaxed as well. A little too relaxed. While I do want to have fun running the beautiful city of San Francisco, I would also like to finish strong and with some dignity. 



Coming up in December is another St. Jude Half-Marathon, and I want to give that race all that I've got. I've finally gotten everything else in my life situated (meaning I graduated school and have a job that I'm happy with), so it's time to really dedicate myself to this 100%. 



Lucky for me, I have a new running BFF. (Fine, I hired him to be my BFF but that is beside the point) His name is Adam, and he is highly qualified for the job  privilege of telling me when to run and how fast to run for the following reasons:

1. He runs marathons. In less that 3:05. Which is very, very fast. 
2. He is a fun person. And I like to have fun. 
3. He likes to talk about running. A lot. + He has to listen to me talk about running a lot, especially after my husband, my sister, my technicians and even some of my patients get tired of hearing me talk about it.


Grandmom, even though this photo may not instill an overwhelming amount of faith in him, I promise he is legit. Don't worry. 

Here goes week #1 of serious training! 
 


3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your upcoming races and training! I can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...