Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rest Days

I'm usually working at least a 10 hour shift or am incredibly busy on my "rest" days, but yesterday I found myself with only an 8 hour shift at work and a complete rest day on the calendar. Being strong-willed and stubborn, I of course woke up wanting to sweat.

Since I'm following Coach Adam's training plan these days, I decided to use the extra time in the morning to make myself presentable.

I needed some yellow in my life.

I'm not used to getting off of work so early, which made the fact that it was a rest day even more torturous. I was a bit restless and cranky, but some Fruit Punch fat-free dairy-free sorbet and an episode of Law & Order later, I was a happy girl.

Having extra play time with my Phoebekins wasn't so bad, either.

That's the thing about running: your greatest runs are rarely measured by racing success. They are moments in time when running allows you to see how wonderful your life is.

Kara Goucher

Running allows me to have time to relax, time to think, a chance to get out any frustrations. Running first thing in the morning makes me happy for the rest of the day, and makes me realize how much I love my life.

And Adam is denying me of this happiness.

Kidding!
Sort of.

Thank goodness for my other "rest" days this week, Adam is allowing me to ride my bike. I need to be outside in this gorgeous (but hot) weather, I need to sweat, I need to use up some energy, and I need to try out my new Lululemon cycling shorts.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I can't wait to hear how you like the Lululemon Cycling Shorts - I've been eyeing them (they're so pretty!) but I was skeptical as Lululemon's cycling capsules have been pretty hit and miss in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...