Thursday, January 26, 2012

Yurbuds Ironman Earphones

I've been on a bit of a quest lately for the perfect earphones. You see, I have them in my ear for a significant amount of time each day, so having the perfect pair is very important. I listen to music some, but mostly audiobooks (cough, *harry potter*, cough) and so some earphones can get uncomfortable after a few hours of listening. Also, as an attempt to learn to fall asleep without the TV on (a constant request from my dear, sweet husband), I have found myself listening to an audiobook while falling asleep.

*Anyways* I'll get to the point. I recently purchased Yurbuds Ironman Series Earphones from my local Target, mainly because I liked the picture of the super butt-kicking girl on the box.




After getting them home, I actually had to pull out the instructions and read how to insert them into my ear! I must be ridiculous, right? Well, they have this (slightly complicated) "Twist and Lock" technology which prevent them from falling out. And it works! One of my main problems with typical earbuds is that they tend to start slipping our of my ear when I'm running and sweaty. But these babies are locked in.

The sound quality is pretty exceptional, I must say. As far as comfort goes- they are very comfortable for the first few hours. Even longer than typical earbuds, due to the odd shape of them I assume. They aren't comfortable to fall asleep in, but I don't see how they could be, since I sleep on my side.

I also really like the "Kevlar Wires Tangle Free Cable", which helps with the general kinks that come along with regular earbuds. However, I'm not crazy about the red. Call me vain, but I don't have any red running gear, and it clashes with some of my shirts........ Yes, I'm being serious. The non Ironman Series version has a white cord, but it's not the tangle free version.  (Plus that version didn't have the awesome pictures on the box. I totally fall for that kind of advertising.)

My last observation and pretty much the only thing (besides the color) that keeps these from being perfect is they don't have a volume control/pause/play button. I have another pair that have those controls, and I have grown quite fond of not having to fumble with pulling up my shirt (while trying not to flash anyone) to get to my Nano, which I like to clip to the top of my pants.

To make a long story short, I haven't found the perfect pair yet (let me know if you have any suggestions), but I'm glad I purchased these and will make good use of them, for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...